We explore the fundamentals of HVAC design. Topics include cooling load calculation, including building envelops, U-value, internal and external heat gains, and ventilation criteria; psychometric; air handling system and their components, selection criteria, and classification; Duct system design, including pressure loss calculation; fan classification and selection; and relevant laws.
Focus on types of building systems, including constant and variable volume; vapour compression refrigeration cycle; centrifugal and absorption chillers; heat rejection option, including cooling towers, air cooled condensers; pipe sizing for hydronic systems; centrifugal pumps including selection criteria and pump laws.
Our Course Includes
- Heat load calculation
- Ventilation criteria
- Classification and selection of air handlers
- Duct system design
- Chilled water piping design
- Types of building systemsCriteria for Equipment Selection (Pump, Fan coil unit, Chiller, Cooling tower, Control Valve etc..)
- Comparison of HVAC system and their components
- Involvement and collaboration of architects, developers, building owners and consulting engineers in regards to HVAC design